Foreword
Discrimination against black Americans occurred in the
1960’s. Discrimination against Black Americans mainly occurred in the Southern
States. Black Americans couldn’t use the same water fountains as whites, the
same movie theaters, bathrooms, juries, legislatures (Civil Rights Movement-
History.com). Blacks had to sit at the back of buses and had to give up their
seats if a white person wanted to sit (Civil Rights Movement- Worldbook
Student). A pastor named Martin Luther King Jr. led the peaceful movement to
get the rights Black Americans deserved.
Discrimination
against black Americans is still happening today. White policemen killing black
Americans for no reason has become an issue. These white policemen aren’t being
taken to court for a trial there was recently a march in New York City, where I
live, to protest how the Eric Garner case wasn’t take to court and about the
what happened in Ferguson, Missouri. I was unable to take part in the march,
but this issue is still something that I think needs to be addressed and
improved upon.
I hope for my story to show what happened to those who
were discriminated against in the 1960’s. I want my story to educate young
children who aren’t aware of these types of things happening in the world. It
is my belief that young children don’t understand or know about the issues that
occur because of race. I want to show an important part of American history and
help younger children learn to not discriminate people because of their
differences and to accept all.
No comments:
Post a Comment